Connect with us

News Print & Digital

Entertainment Workers Exempt from California’s New Round of Stay-At-Home Orders

Published

on

Photo by grendelkhan CC BY-SA 2.0.

California entertainment industry professionals are exempt from COVID-19 stay-at-home orders, according to Gov. Gavin Newsom. Starting this Saturday night, non-essential work, movement and gatherings will be prohibited between the hours of 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily.

The order requires “generally that non-essential work, movement and gatherings stop between 10 PM and 5 AM in counties in the purple tier.” That means basically every county in Southern California and 94% of the state’s population.

On that list of exemptions, under “Industrial, Commercial, Residential, and Sheltering Facilities and Services,” there is essential worker designation 15 which reads, “Workers supporting the entertainment industries, studios, and other related establishments, provided they follow covid-19 public health guidance around physical distancing.”

Film and TV production employees were not included on the essential workers list during the first California shutdown in March. Their addition to the list speaks to the success and strong protocols on set since then. The document was last updated September 22.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Print & Digital

News Media Perplexed By Trump’s Stock Market Comments

The Dow Jones Industrial Average surpassed 30,000 for the first time. Trump called it a “sacred number” as he congratulated the American people for the milestone. The president left without taking any questions.

Published

on

Not everybody was impressed with the record day on Wall Street Tuesday. Following a brief statement by President Trump about the achievement, a hot mic on CSPAN caught reporters reacting to his statement, calling it “weird as s**t.” Another reporter said it was “one of the stranger” briefings he had attended.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average surpassed 30,000 for the first time. Trump called it a “sacred number” as he congratulated the American people for the milestone. The president left without taking any questions. 

The incident is symbolic of the contentious relationship between Trump and the White House press corps. CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta retweeted multiple accounts that recapped the incident but did not respond to questions as to who made the comment.

Trump has repeatedly called the press “fake news” and “the enemy of the people,”and reporters have frequently blurred the lines between journalism and commentary in their coverage of him.

Trump has made few public appearances and not taken any questions from reporters since Election Day.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

YouTube Suspends OANN Account

OANN received a “strike” to their account after a video stated there is a guaranteed cure for the coronavirus, which violates YouTube’s coronavirus-specific policy.

Published

on

YouTube handed One America News Network suspension that will prevent the media outlet from posting new videos for a week after uploading a video that contained misinformation over the coronavirus, according to YouTube spokesperson Ivy Choi who confirmed the information to The Hill.

OANN received a “strike” to their account after a video stated there is a guaranteed cure for the coronavirus, which violates YouTube’s coronavirus-specific policy.

The suspension of OANN comes as a result of “repeated violations of our COVID-19 misinformation policy and other channel monetization policies,” Choi said. “Early on in this pandemic, we’ve worked to prevent the spread of harmful misinformation associated with COVID-19 on YouTube.”

Nonetheless, YouTube isn’t commenting on the number of strikes OANN had previously accrued. Also, for the network to make money off their videos again, OANN will have to reapply for the YouTube Partner Program.

President Trump has recently put OANN in the mainstream news media spotlight after citing them as an alternative conservative network to Fox News.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Vox Founder Leaving for New York Times

After stepping down from his editor in chief position in 2017, Klein became Vox’s editor at large, which allowed him to work on the website’s television and podcast efforts. Furthermore, he contributed to MSNBC, Bloomberg News, and writing opinion essays for The Times.

Published

on

Vox.com will be saying goodbye to one of its founders, Ezra Klein, who is leaving the digital media outlet and joining The New York Times. After eight years at Vox, where he served as the editor in chief of the publication, Klein will be a columnist and podcast host at The Times.

After stepping down from his editor in chief position in 2017, Klein became Vox’s editor at large, which allowed him to work on the website’s television and podcast efforts. Furthermore, he contributed to MSNBC, Bloomberg News, and writing opinion essays for The Times.

The reason for Klein’s departure from Vox is a career move as a result of feeling burnt out and having the desire to be a journalist again. Kathleen Kingsbury, The Times’s acting head of the opinion department, and Paula Szuchman, the head of its audio group, commented on having Klein join their respective departments.

“He helped set the standard for modern explanatory journalism early in his career, and he’s been able to do it through virtually every medium,” the statement said.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 Barrett News Media.