Connect with us

News Television

Former Andrew Cuomo Executive Assistant Opens Up About Harassment Claims

“He explains at that point that he is looking for a girlfriend and that he is lonely and tired,” Bennett said.

Published

on

One of the women who came out and accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment this week, told CBS Evening News he made strong sexual advances towards her during a closed-door meeting in his office. 

Charlotte Bennett, a former executive assistant said the encounter took place following a press conference last spring.

“He explains at that point that he is looking for a girlfriend and that he is lonely and tired,” Bennett said. “He (Cuomo) asked if I had trouble enjoying being with someone because of my trauma. I understood that the governor wanted to sleep with me and felt horribly uncomfortable and scared.”

Bennett reportedly left the $55,000-a-year job in the Cuomo administration in November. Her lawyer told CBS that the allegations have derailed her career.

“The governor asked me if I was sensitive to intimacy,” she said. “He asked me if age difference mattered and then explained to me that he was fine with anyone over the age of 22.

Bennett said she was terrified and felt forced to answer the intimate questions and later felt shame when she thought about speaking out.

Cuomo apologized for his behavior in a televised news conference but said that he was not going to resign.

Bennett is one of three women to come out with accusations against the powerful Democrat.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Television

Dr. Fauci’s MSNBC Appearance Draws Jeers From Across the Political Spectrum

Former NFL quarterback Matt Leinart urged Fauci to “get off the airwaves” via Twitter while Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows linked to the clip and said Democrats had “zero intention of giving back their newfound control, even if you’re vaccinated.”

Published

on

Critics of White House adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci reacted with disdain and distrust following his appearance on MSNBC Sunday. Fauci told host Mehdi Hasan that it is still not acceptable for Americans to eat indoors even if they have received the COVID-19 vaccine.

“For the simple reason that level of infection, the dynamics of infection in the community are still really disturbingly high,” said Fauci. “If you are vaccinated, please remember that you still have to be careful and not get involved in crowded situations, particularly indoors where people are not wearing masks.”

Former NFL quarterback Matt Leinart urged Fauci to “get off the airwaves” via Twitter while Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows linked to the clip and said Democrats had “zero intention of giving back their newfound control, even if you’re vaccinated.” 

Hasan reminded Fauci that he once said Americans had “no need” to wear masks like Asian countries had been doing.

Fauci told Hasan that he made those comments because at the time there was a mask shortage and they needed to save them for health care workers, they had no evidence that masks worked, and he and his fellow White House task force members did not know asymptomatic people were spreading the virus.

Continue Reading

News Television

Matt Gaetz Demands Retraction from CNN

The network’s report suggested that Trump and other Republicans are distancing themselves from Gaetz amid concerns that he broke sexual trafficking laws by having sex with a 17-year-old girl.

Published

on

Photo by Gage Skidmore CC BY-SA 2.0.

Embattled congressman Matt Gaetz is demanding a retraction from CNN after the network said that former President Donald Trump refused to meet with him. Gaetz is reportedly the target of a federal sex trafficking investigation.

Gaetz took to social media to defend himself from the report which he called a lie. “No such meeting was denied nor sought. … When can we expect a retraction?” he tweeted.

The network’s report suggested that Trump and other Republicans are distancing themselves from Gaetz amid concerns that he broke sexual trafficking laws by having sex with a 17-year-old girl.

Gaetz has denied the claims, saying they are part of an attempt to exort $25 million from his family.

“This @CNN story is complete fake news,” said Trump’s top aide Jason Miller. “No such scheduling or meeting request was ever made, and therefore, it could never have been declined. Take note that this story has zero on-the-record sources. It’s literally made-up.”

CNN’s report, citing two people familiar with the matter, said Gaetz, one of Trump’s most vocal supporters in Congress, tried to arrange a meeting after news of the investigations first broke, but aides for the ex-commander-in-chief advised against it.

Continue Reading

News Television

ABC News to Appoint CBS News Executive VP as President

Godwin has spent the last 14 years at CBS, and will replace James Goldston, who stated on Jan. 28 he was departing the position and ABC News after a seven-year stint with the network.

Published

on

ABC News will have a new president as Disney, its parent company, will soon name CBS News executive vice president Kimberly Godwin to the position, per NBC News. According to the report, both parties involved are in the last stages of negotiating her contract.

Godwin has spent the last 14 years at CBS, and will replace James Goldston, who stated on Jan. 28 he was departing the position and ABC News after a seven-year stint with the network.

If Godwin and Disney can agree to a deal, she’ll become the first Black woman to lead ABC News. Should Godwin be hired, her task is to guide ABC News into the digital future, with ratings for traditional television declining rapidly.

NBC News reached out to the two parties involved. However, Rice and Disney communications representatives Zenia Mucha and Charissa Gilmore declined to confirm or comment on the report concerning Godwin’s potential hiring.

Furthermore, a spokesperson for CBS, Chris Ender, declined to discuss the report; meanwhile, Godwin did not reply to a request for comment.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 Barrett News Media.